Nightly means that the MIUI 9 ROM is only rolling out for random users in case, there is still have critical bugs that have to fixed before the real Stable ROM. But
For users who did not lucky enough to get the update notification on your Redmi 4X device, you can still taste the MIUI 9 ROM by downloading and manually install the MIUI 9 Nightly ROM on your Xiaomi Redmi 4X device. The nightly version of MIUI 9 for Redmi 4X is MIUI Global 9.1 | Stable 184.108.40.206(NAMMIEI).
Before starting the upgrade process, make sure you have to make sure your battery level is above 60% and have backed up all your important data just in case it is failed. Here you can watch a brief video How To Download and Install MIUI 9 on Xiaomi Redmi 4X :
This video shows you to Download and Install MIUI 220.127.116.11 on Xiaomi Redmi 4X using Recovery ROM Method. Here is how to do that:
- Download the MIUI 18.104.22.168 Global Stable ROM at http://on.entaah.com/9110-4x
- Copy the downloaded ROM to your Redmi 4X device.
- Go to Settings > Search for Updater and tap the top right three dots
- Tap on "Choose update package" and select your previously downloaded MIUI 9 ROM
- Wait for the process to finish and then click Reboot and Update
- Device will reboot and start updating the ROM
This video below shows you the Performance test between MIUI 22.214.171.124 Nightly Stable vs MIUI 126.96.36.199 using Antutu Benchmark Test. It is seriously lightning fast.