Before upgrading your iOS to iOS 7, there are several thing you need to prepare. First, make sure you have enough space on your memory, also you have a good and stable internet connection, and also make sure your device is fully charged or plugged in before attempt to upgrade your iOS.
Another thing to remember is, don't forget to backup your data to your computer by using iTunes. Just sync your device to your computer via USB cable or Wireless, choose your device and click backup.
How to upgrade to iOS 7?
Not all Apple product can be upgraded to iOS 7. You can see the list of Apple product that support to iOS 7 at the bottom of this post.
Follow these steps to upgrade to iOS 7.
1. How to upgrade to iOS 7 by Over The Air (OTA)Open Settings and then navigate to General, choose Software Update. There you will see a brief about the update and button to install it.
2. How to upgrade to iOS 7 using iTunesFor doing this, first you have to make sure you have the latest Apple iTunes installed on your computer. If you don't have it, you can go to this link to download Apple iTunes.
Plugged your device to computer, and open iTunes. Normally, after detecting your device iTunes will prompt you to upgrade to iOS 7. But if you don't get any prompt, you can navigate to Help > Check for Update, just press Download and update and iTunes will begin to download iOS 7 from Apple's server.
3. How to upgrade to iOS 7 by using IPSW fileAs I have mention above, that's not all Apple product can be upgraded to iOS7. You can see the list of product that compatible with iOS 7 from the drop down list below.
If the two method above is not working for you, this is the last method you can do by downloading IPSW file from Apple's server below:
Download IPSW file:
- Download the IPSW file the folder that you remember
- Connect your device to iTunes at your computer
- If it is not automatically select your device, manually select your device
- Hold down "Option" key for Mac X or "Shift" key for Windows and click "Restore"
- Browse to the .ipsw file you downloaded, select it, and wait until the update finish
That is all about How to upgrade to iOS 7? Remember to post a comment if you need to ask something or simply want to say Thanks. Thank you.